I tried making a carrot cake based on my regular Banana cake recipe, and it was a disaster. I don’t understand why I didn’t care to Google that time. Good thing my friend shared her recipe book from a training she attended in UP. It’s a treasure! I haven’t made all of them, but the ones I tried are awesome and fail-proof.
So I’m sharing the Carrot cake recipe I made a dozen times already. I tweaked some of the ingredients to suit my little girl’s preference (and mine). I gave this as gift last Christmas, and I got good feedback. Something like “This is the best carrot cake I’ve ever had” – So I guess it’s really good.
Carrot Cake Recipe
What we need:
2 cups All-purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1 1/2 cups White sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Orange zest
1 tbsp. Orange juice
1 cup Vegetable oil
1 cup Crushed pineapple
1 cup Chopped walnuts
1 cup Raisins
3 cups Shredded carrots
Here’s how to make it:
1. Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. Combine crushed pineapple, walnuts, raisins and carrots. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs until light colored and thickened.
4. Add sugar gradually scraping bowl occasionally then add vanilla, orange zest and orange juice.
5. Slowly pour oil and add flour all at once blending well until incorporated.
6. Fold in carrot mixture with spatula and pour batter into prepared 9x13x2 pan greased and floured.
7. Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176.67 degrees celsius for 45-50 minutes. If a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, it’s done.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
This is my own recipe. I tried other recipes calling for 4 cups sugar, and they were way too sweet for me. Just a warning, this isn’t very pipeable. I tried covering the entire cake with it, and it was a pain in the a**. Just spread it on top of your cake for less hassle.
• Half of a regular cream cheese bar (around 227-250 grams)
• 1/4 Unsalted butter
• 1 tsp Vanilla
• 1 to 1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar (depends on how sweet you want it to be)
• pinch of salt
1. Soften cream cheese and butter.
2. Mix cream cheese and butter together.
3. Add vanilla and salt.
4. Sift powdered sugar and add to mixture.
5. Mix mix mix until well incorporated.